Eucalyptus oil is a natural disinfectant. So why not start using natural cleaning products and avoid the harsh chemical cleaning agents. Eucalyptus oil is also known to treat a variety of respiratory problems.
Here are a few uses:
- For Basic cleaning (anti-bacterial) Combine 250ml water, 30ml dish-washing liquid and 5ml eucalyptus oil in a spray bottle and shake gently to mix. Spray and wipe clean with a damp cloth or sponge. Works well on all surfaces.
- Toilet disinfectant – Its simple mix 50 ml eucalyptus oil with one litre water.
- Eucalyptus oil plays a huge role in minimising bathroom odours. Add few drops to the inside of a toilet roll and turn it into an air freshener.
- Add a splash of Eucalyptus oil to mop water before mopping and see the magic.
- Eucalyptus oil can be used to remove sticker from glass/jars/mirrors.
- Rub gently with eucalyptus oil to removes paint, grease and ink from clothes.
- Get rid of dust mites and freshen up your clothes by adding 2 tsp Eucalyptus oil to washing load especially when washing towels, linen, quilt, blanket or pillows.
- A drop of oil on a padded coat hanger lowers risk of moths and silverfish in linen cupboard.
- If you have a hanging car air freshener that’s nearly dead, reinvigorate it by adding a few drops of eucalyptus oil.
- Spray and wipe the kitchen and bathroom benches with eucalyptus oil to disinfect and deodorise.
- Bedside inhalation-Add few drops of eucalyptus essential oil to a cotton ball and place next to the patient’s pillow. This allows them to inhale the vapours as they sleep and can ease symptoms of cold and sinus.