Suji Halwa is a popular Indian dessert, especially prepared during the festive season.
100gm Suji/ semolina
¼ tsp Cardamom powder
1. In a pan add sugar and water, heat on medium until the sugar melts and starts to boil. Remove and keep aside.
2. Melt ghee in a heavy based pan over medium heat. Add suji.
3. Fry for 5-8 min or until it is light golden colour.
4. Then add sliced pistachios, cashews, almonds and raisins. Keep stirring and then add cardamom powder.
5. Now slowly add the sugar syrup and cook on low to medium heat stirring continuously.
6. Cook until the moisture content evaporates, mixture thickens and traces of oil separating on the sides (consistency of creamy pudding).
7. Transfer into a serving dish.
8. Garnish with sliced nuts and serve hot or at room temperature.