Enjoy Curtis Stone’s non-alcoholic summer drink this festive, made with fresh strawberries, lime juice and mint.
• 500g strawberries, hulled, divided
• 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
• 1/4 cup (60ml) fresh lime juice
• 1/4 teaspoon sea salt flakes
• 1/4 cup loosely packed mint leaves (optional)
• 1 teaspoon finely grated peeled ginger (optional)
• Coarsely cracked ice
In a blender, blend 450g of the strawberries with the sugar, lime juice, salt, mint, if using, ginger, if using, and 2 cups (500ml) cold water until smooth. Press the strawberry mixture through a fine-mesh strainer into a large bowl or pitcher. Discard solids. Stir another 1 cup (250ml) cold water into the strawberry mixture.
Thinly slice the remaining 50g strawberries. Fill glasses with ice, mounding well above rims. Pour strawberry water over the ice. Garnish with sliced strawberries and serve immediately.