Mophla Chicken Biryani – By Chef Shashi Sanamvenkata
Chicken Thigh & Breast combo 800 g
Basmati rice 400g
Green chillies 20g
Ghee 150 ml
Oil 100 ml
Plain yogurt 100g
Turmeric powder 3g
Chilli powder 10g
Chopped mint 20g
Coriander leaves 20g
Lime juice 20ml
Cardamom green 10 ea.
Cloves 10 ea.
Cinnamon 1” sticks 4 ea.
Cashew nuts broken 50g
Garam masala powder 15g
Yellow food color 1g
Salt to taste
- Clean and wash the chicken and drain off the excess water.
- Heat ghee and oil, sauté till the onions are transparent.
- Add ginger, garlic paste, green chillies and chopped tomatoes and continue
- sauté for 10 minutes. Add chicken. Turmeric, chilli powder Cook till the chicken is ¾ done.
- Add garam masala powder, chopped mint and cilantro, lemon juice and yogurt. Adjust the seasoning simmer till the chicken is cooked and there is enough sauce.
- Heat the remaining oil and ghee; add cardamom, cloves and cinnamon and sauté.
- Add washed, soaked rice and sauté. Add one and a half the quantity of boiling water, milk and salt, cover with a lid and cook till the water is completely absorbed. sprinkle color mixed with small amount of milk. Cover the pot with a lid, seal the sides with foil – Keep on a very slow heat cook for 20 to 30 minutes.
Heat half of the oil add half sliced onions and fry till golden color and remove.
Fry the cashew nuts and raisins and remove.set aside for garnishing