1 cup Grated Pumpkin
½ cup Wheat flour
¼ cup Jaggery shredded
2tbsp Fine Semolina
3 crushed Cardamom
Oil for frying
- Peel and grate pumpkin.
- In a pan add grated pumpkin, cardamoms, shredded jaggery and cook on medium flame.
- Cook till the pumpkin softens and the excess water (from pumpkin) evaporates.
- Remove from flame and allow it to cool.
- Once cool add wheat flour, semolina, ghee, salt to it and knead to firm dough.
- Cover the dough and rest for 30 minutes.
- Grease your hand with little oil. Divide the dough into lemon size balls.
- Roll each of them into puri shape (round) using a roller pin. Or divide the dough into 2 parts. Roll each onto a rolling board. Use a cookie cutter to cut into equal size puri.
- Now heat oil in a deep pan. Deep fry the puris until golden brown both sides.
- Cool and store in airtight container. Remains fresh up to a week.