Yield: 4 portions
By Chef Shashi Sanamvenkata
1 pound Fresh chicken, 1×1, thigh
2tbsp vegetable oil
1tbsp sesame oil
1tbsp soy sauce low sodium
1tbsp Chinese cooking wine
1tbsp granular sugar
1tsp Sichuan chili bean paste
1tsp fresh garlic sliced
1tsp ginger fresh
2 red chilli dry, cut to 1”
Pinch white pepper
1tbsp green onions cut into segments
1tbsp fresh Thai basil leaves or regular
- Mix together water, bean paste, cooking wine, soy sauce, sugar and pepper powder.
- Heat oil in a wok or non-stick fry pan add chicken pieces, and saute until lightly brown on all sides and set aside.
- Heat sesame oil in same pan, saute chillies garlic and ginger slices till fragrant add prepared sauce mix and chicken pieces
- Simmer the dish on low heat and until all sauce is absorbed, add green onions and basil leaves.
- Stir fry till dry and serve with steamed short grain or Jasmine rice