500g strong bread flour plus extra for dusting
3.5g dried yeast
1 clove of garlic (finely diced)
400g tomato tin
1.5 tbsp olive oil
Fresh basil leaves- few
200g Tinned Pineapple slices
Red capsicum – 1 cup (chopped)
Onion -2 small (chopped)
Jalapenos (as per taste)
Extra Virgin olive oil
To make the sauce: Heat olive oil in a frying pan on medium and add garlic. Fry for a minute. Add tomatoes and fry for about 5-8 minutes. Remove from flame & add basil leaves. Taste and season to perfection. Keep aside.
Dough: Put flour, yeast and 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt into a large bowl.
Make a well in the middle and pour in 325ml of warm water. Gradually mix into the flour.
Once combined, knead on a flour-dusted surface for 10-15 minutes until smooth.
1. Place in a greased bowl. Cover with a damp tea towel and put in warm place for 1 hr or until doubled in size.
2. Once dough has doubled in size, knock it back, then divide and knead it into 4 equal sized balls. Leave on a flour-dusted tray covered, for a further 30 minutes
3. Preheat oven to 230°C.
4. Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface. Pinch the edges up to create a natural crust.
5. Spread tomato sauce over the base.
6. Add toppings and spread evenly.
7. Add mozzarella and finely grate over parmesan, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and place in the oven for approx. 20-25 minutes or until golden & puffed up at the edges.