Try making this yummy dessert today and enjoy the perfect golden crust with delicious smooth custard.
2 Puff Pastry sheet
100gm Philadelphia cream cheese softened
1 Egg (optional)
Decoration – Fruits (Kiwi, strawberries)
1/4 cup custard powder
1/3 cup caster sugar
1¼ cup milk
1 pinch cardamom powder
- Heat the oven to 200°C. Thaw puff pastry according to packet instructions. Unfold the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface and roll into a 9×12-inch rectangle. Cut into 12 (3-inch) squares.
- Press the pastry squares into greased muffin-pan. Brush the edges of the pastry with the egg (optional). Prick the pastry with a fork. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the pastries are golden and crisp.
- Using the back of a spoon, press down the centres of the hot pastry to make a scoop. Allow to cool and remove from pan.
- To make quite thick custard -combine custard powder, sugar, cardamom powder and milk in a sauce pan. Stir on medium heat till it boils and thickens. Remove from flame and cool.
- Beat the custard until smooth. Add softened cream cheese gradually and beat until smooth. Spoon the custard mixture into each pastry case and top with fruits. Serves immediately or keep covered and refrigerated for 4 hours.